Coaches 2021/22 Season
SCOTT VAN HORNE – Group 3 Coach
- Certified level 3 coach (Comp-Dev) in speed skating, with over 10 years of coaching experience
- Bachelors Degree of Science
- Masters Degree of Science (Main study was the biomechanics of the skating push)
- Published in the International Journal of Biomechanics – Analysis of Klap Skate Hinge Position with Respect to Skating Push Mechanics.
- Presented at numerous International Biomechanics conferences on the topic of skating push mechanics
- 28 years experience designing and crafting custom made speed skate boots worn by many of the best speed skaters in the World
- Won multiple Canadian and North American titles in both short track and long track through the T2T equivalent age class years.
- Won the Canada Cup Long Track Circuit and qualified for the National Long Track Team as a first year senior skater.
- Skated on the Canadian Development Team for the next 2 years before retiring from the sport.
Coaching Experience and Accolades:
- 2019 National Coaching Excellence Award – Awarded by Speed Skating Canada
- Coached/Managed at Canada Winter Games
- Coached at many regional and national competition for both short track and long track
BILL GENDRON – Group 1/2 Coach Tuesdays
- Level 3 or Competition Development Certified (November 2009)
- Coaching as a club coach at River Heights since 2002
- Coached at many National and International meets over the years
- Coached for many years at the Can Am Camp in Calgary
- Manitoba Head Coach at many meets over the years, including the North American Long Track Championships, Canadian Age Class Mass Start Meets and a number of Canada Cup Long Track Meets
- Manitoba Head Coach and Assistant Coach at a number of Manitoba Long Track and Short Track camps.
- Provincial Coach at a number of provincial team practices over the years to fill in for position
- Coached at a number of Long track ovals- Calgary, Quebec City, Richmond Oval, Salt Lake City, Milwaukee, John Rose, Dawson Creek, Fort St John
- 2009 received the Speed Skate Canada Learning Facilitator
- 2011 Speed Skate Canada Coaching Award
- 2014 Coaching Manitoba Vince Leah Memorial Award (for Fundamentals)
- 2014 Impact Manitoba Coach of the Year
EMMA ROCHE – Group 1/2 Coach Thursdays
- Fundamentals/Level 1 Coach Certified
- Skated with the Winnipeg Central Speed Skating Club
- University Student