November 7th is the first ice session for our skaters in the Learn to Skate program.
We still have spots available for anyone interested in trying out our awesome sport.
For skaters that are already registered, we look forward to seeing you on ice November 7th, 4:45 pm at Corydon Community Centre.
Please arrive early, so that you have plenty of time to get dressed/changed and get your skates tied. A couple of “seasoned parents” will also be available to help out and answer any questions that you may have.
Equipment needed to skate:
· Bib style Neck guard (hockey one is ok and can be bought at SportsCheck/Canadian Tire)
· Helmet, hockey or bike helmet (without holes) is okay to start. (Hockey helmets limit how far the skater can lift their chin to look forward for ideal speed skating technique.)
· Clear safety glasses (Mark’s Work Warehouse, SportChek, Princess Auto)
· Cut proof or leather gloves or mitts (Costco, Winnipeg Outfitters, Chamois Car Wash)
· Soccer shin guards (SportsCheck)
· Volleyball knee pads (SportsCheck) – helps with getting over fear of falling
· Cut proof ankle socks or ankle guards (SportsCheck or Red River Speed)
Do you still need skates? Please reach out to Laurel Rose, email@example.com if you still need to get fitted for rental skates. She is generally at the River Heights location every Tuesday 5:15 – 6:10 pm and Thursday 5:45 – 7:10 pm.